New technologies have made life quite easy for us in many ways. At the same time, this technology can also be misused for bullying and harassment. Be it a worried parent or a suspicious spouse, keeping a tab on someone’s virtual actions can be helpful in many ways.
A couple of months ago, my sister’s son started withdrawing from social life and restricted himself to his room. No one knew the reason for this sudden change in behavior. Thankfully, his mother had recently installed a monitoring app on her son’s phone and could access his text messages on her phone.
We found out that he was being threatened and bullied at school, and immediately took it up with the school authorities to punish the guilty students. This put him at ease, and soon enough, he was back to his normal, cheerful self. This is how crucial such apps can be to the well-being of our loved ones.
If you’re wondering, ‘How to get text messages from another phone sent to mine?’, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, I will share an easy guide to the different methods you can use to track text messages from another phone. The idea that such access is possible might be frightening, but it can come in handy when monitoring kids, as well as help business owners keep operations running smoothly by keeping a discreet eye on them.
Texting Spyware: Ideal Way to Access Text Messages from Someone Else’s Phone on Yours
If you are worried about who your child is talking to or if your employee is leaking trade secrets outside the organization, you cannot simply ask them to hand over their phone for you to check. Physically snooping around on someone’s phone – be it your kid, your partner or an employee is also very risky. There is a high chance of getting caught, causing major issues, and leading to ugly fights.
But there’s a better solution: spy apps. Spyware does not require you to physically handle the phone or even be close to the target phone to monitor their data. There are paid spyware apps as well as free apps available online. However, while choosing a spy app, it’s better to opt for a paid one as free apps may contain malware that can harm your phone.
Paid apps like mSpy are safer to use as it contains no malware within it and does not harm your target system. Spyware apps such as mSpy help you to receive text messages from another phone, and also give you access to a bunch of features you may use to keep your loved ones safe.
Here is a snapshot of the mSpy features that come in handy for keeping tabs on the target person:
- SMS: mSpy gives you full access to all incoming and outgoing SMS done on the target phone.
- Facebook: You can access the target phone’s Facebook messages – both incoming and sent messages.
- Social Media Apps: mSpy allows you to track social media apps like Facebook Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and lets you view all the conversations that were taking place in any of such platforms.
- Keylogger: The app also has a keylogger feature that tracks all keystrokes made on the phone, which lets you access all the searched words and phrases, along with any typed passwords.
- Call Logs: It lets you monitor all the incoming and outgoing calls made by the target phone.
- Location: You can also access the phone’s real-time GPS location, and even the routes and the places they’ve visited over time.
- Browser History: mSpy lets you check the phone’s browser history with timestamps for the websites visited, along with the bookmarked sites.
What’s more, mSpy can be used on an iPhone as well as an Android phone without a hitch! Let’s jump right into it now and find out how to use a spy app and what the other methods to receive SMS on your phone are.
How to Receive Someone Else’s Text Messages on Your iPhone?
There are a couple of different methods to read text messages from another iPhone to your phone. One of them is using an app to receive text messages from another phone, and mSpy has turned out to be the most trustworthy in my experience.
Let’s take a look at the step-by-step guide on setting up the mSpy app on an iPhone.
How to Install the mSpy App on iPhone?
If you wish to check text messages from another phone, the very first thing you should do is install mSpy. Hence, in order to set it up on the target phone, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the target phone is compatible with the mSpy app.
- Sign up for a mSpy account by entering your email ID.
- Select a monthly subscription package.
- Complete payment by using one of the authorized payment methods and click on ‘Submit Order.’
- Verify your email address via a confirmation email, which will be sent to your email address.
- On the home screen of a jailbroken iPhone, open Cydia to download the mSpy app. For mSpy to be installed on an iPhone, the iPhone has to be in jailbreak mode.
- Enter the URL to download the mSpy for iPhone on the Cydia app.
- Confirm mSpy.
- The download and installation processes will begin automatically. Once finished, click on ‘Restart SpringBoard.’
- Once the download is complete, you can install the mSpy app and start monitoring your target’s iPhone. Go to Home Screen > tap the mSpy icon to install the app on the iPhone.
- Click on ‘Continue’ and then ‘Accept’ the User Agreement.
- Choose to show or hide the mSpy icon by toggling the feature on or off.
- Enter the registration code that you must have received when you purchased the app. Click on ‘Complete Registration.’
- Go to your account and click on ‘Proceed,’ enter the name and mobile number and click on ‘Done.’
The whole process from signing up to clicking ‘Done’ takes less than 15 minutes for jailbroken phones, where you have to handle the phone physically to install the app successfully. In case of any problems with the installation, mSpy offers its special mAssistance service, which completes the app’s initial installation on the target device. Once this is done, you can head to the Control Panel to monitor your target iPhone data.
Can Spy Apps Access Text Messages on iPhone without Jailbreak?
While most other spyware apps do not offer this functionality, mSpy is different. mSpy offers a slightly different version of the app called ‘mSpy without Jailbreak,’ which works on non-jailbroken phones. The features are fewer than the full version, but with ‘mSpy without jailbreak,’ you can still access the SMS, call history, contact list, browsing activity, calendar tasks, and notes. Despite the limitations, mSpy without jailbreak is a useful app to keep track of someone else’s messages, etc. stored on their iPhone.
Is Physical Access Required to Install mSpy?
mSpy can be installed remotely on choosing the mSpy without a jailbreak option. Simply enter the iCloud credentials (Apple ID and password) of the target phone in your mSpy account’s Control Panel and hit enter. That’s it; you’re now ready to track the person’s actions on their iPhone.
SMS Forwarding — A Free Way to Get Text Messages from Another iPhone
If you don’t trust a third-party app to monitor such data, I have another suggestion for you. This method will let you read the messages on someone’s iPhone secretly, for free!
Here’s how to do it:
- Open ‘Settings’ on the target device and select the ‘Messages’ option.
- In ‘Messages,’ click on ‘Text Message Forwarding.’
- Choose which devices can send and receive SMS from the target iPhone. If you’re not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
Beware, though, that there is a downside to this workaround – you have to change the settings on the target iPhone physically, and you could get caught. Also, the message forwarding settings are visible to whoever uses the phone, which is very risky. I think spy apps like mSpy are a better option as they offer the possibility to remotely read the text messages on someone’s phone and access other such data without needing to handle the phone physically.
How to Forward Text Messages to Your Phone from Another Android Phone?
If you have an Android device, don’t worry! As for iPhones, there is a version of mSpy for Android phones called Android monitoring you can use. It offers the same features as the mSpy version for iPhone. Let’s see how we can install mSpy on Android phones and some other pointers to keep in mind.
Requirements for Android Smartphones
Before you decide to install the mSpy Android tracker, make sure it is compatible with the target device. The following points are the most important:
- The tablet or phone you want to install the app on needs to be running Android 4+.
- Physical access to the phone will be needed for the successful installation of the tracking app.
- The target device should have Internet connectivity.
Tracking instant messengers (Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc.), as well as some other features, require the target phone to be rooted. Once the mSpy app has been installed, you can access the device remotely. All the data from the target device is sent to your Control Panel, and you can read through it whenever you need to. The only other thing you need is a phone with Internet access.
How to Set Up mSpy on Android?
- Check the compatibility of the target device.
- Create an account with mSpy.
- Choose a target device to be monitored.
- Select a package and finalize your purchase.
- Receive a confirmation email from mSpy that contains your order details, link to the Control Panel, username, and password.
- On the target device, disable Play Protect in Play Store settings. Make sure that the device is unlocked, charged, and connected to the Internet.
- Open Google Chrome on the target phone and download mSpy installer using the link sent to you in the confirmation email.
- Open the downloaded file once the download is complete.
- Accept the User Agreement, enter the registration code received in the confirmation email, and click on complete installation.
You are now ready to monitor the target device using the Control Panel provided by mSpy.
Can the Data on an Android Phone Be Monitored Without Anyone Knowing?
It is a valid question to ask, and the answer is a short one – yes! As a spyware app, mSpy knows that the main requirement for you is to use the app to read messages from someone else’s phone on yours, secretly, without being caught. So, along with all the other functions and features that mSpy offers, the spyware app makers have also included a handy setting that can hide the mSpy icon on the target phone.
After installation, the app is launched automatically and runs surreptitiously in the background. The icon’s choice is left up to you – you can choose to keep the icon on the dashboard or hide it. Hiding the app icon decreases the chances of the owner of that phone noticing the app altogether or accidentally finding out that someone keeps an eye on them.
Can You See Deleted Messages on the Target Phone?
One of the features the mSpy app offers is creating logs of all the messages sent from or received on the target phone. Not only SMS but also a log of all the activity on the target phone is maintained by mSpy and is accessible through your mSpy Control Panel. So even if some messages had been deleted from the target device, mSpy still would have a log of these messages.
Reasons to Check Text Messages from Another Phone
There are several crucial situations where you can benefit if you forward text messages to another phone without someone knowing, both in the domestic and corporate environments.
- Benefits for Parents: Spyware apps like mSpy help parents in their fight to ensure a safe environment for their kids by monitoring and managing the child’s phone activity, accessing text messages and GPS location even when they are not around their child. This can help parents get the help their child requires if they notice something wrong in the data, like signs of cyberbullying in SMS or unsolicited pictures from strangers.
According to a survey, nearly 20% of kids younger than 10 years own a mobile phone. In the age of smartphones and the easily available access to the Internet, it is quite easy for someone to connect with other, often unknown people online. Defrauding someone or cheating someone has also become simpler and easier with the advancement in technology. This makes an excellent argument for monitoring someone’s phone activity – especially for parents who strive to protect their child – online as well as offline – while also juggling work.
- Benefits for Couples: Reliable spy apps can help couples know each other’s whereabouts if they’re concerned for each other’s safety. In many cases, it can also help find solid proof if a partner suspects that their spouse may be cheating on them.
- Benefits for Business Owners: Such apps can also benefit businesses when installed on their employees’ phones. They can track productivity and efficiency, ensure that the company-owned devices are being used only as intended, and even stop data leakage and espionage. By keeping tabs on the employees’ cellular activity, business owners have a better idea of dealing with a variety of difficulties that might crop up due to slacking employees or dishonest associates.
Now that you know how to receive text messages from another cell phone using spying apps, you can wisely choose whichever method suits you best. Beware of the free spyware available on the Internet, and if you decide on a spy app, make sure it is one that is safe and dependable. In my experience, mSpy has proven to be far superior from the other phone spy apps in several aspects — from the ease of installation, features, safety to versatility.
I hope this guide helped you get a clear picture of how to get texts from another phone sent to yours and hope that it helps you feel more secure about your loved ones’ whereabouts and activities.